Monday, February 8, 2016

A Storm & Then The Perfect Day

If you could create a perfect day, what would it include? Would it be a walk on the beach, a trip to an amusement park, or something more exotic? Do you ever catch yourself having perfect days on the seemingly normal days?

Yesterday was pretty close to a perfect day. I was prepared mentally for the day (this is not necessarily a prerequisite to a perfect day). I was with my family, and headed to church. It was a great morning with good truth from Scripture and a few good conversations with friends. Then, the afternoon came, and with it came nap time for my kids. Yeah for nap time! I got to sit in the stillness, catch up on some Bible reading with a cup of coffee next to me, and God's beautiful creation just outside my window. The day continued with some other good things, which I will leave out because they are nothing really exciting to the reader. 

The point is, sometimes "perfect" days come when you least expect them. Sometimes you have just had a rough week and you expect today to be rough as well, and it is not. Sometimes you have felt rushed lately and you assume that you will again feel rushed today, and you don't. Sometimes you need to sit back in the midst of everything going on throughout the day and just enjoy what is around you. 


When you have recently gone through a storm, the simple things can be so much more meaningful. My recent storm that I am now coming out of was a flare up with my health condition. I praise God that I can say I am finally coming out of that battle, and I believe that I will continue to improve. 

What is one of your recent "perfect" days or even a storm you have recently faced? I would love to hear it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment